Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today

Daddy is fixing the lawn mower so we are not living in a jungle.

EG threw up before bed time and had a fever. She woke up at 4 and didn't go back to sleep until 6ish, I think. Was up at 7 and has not skipped a beat! (Thank goodness.)

Nature Girl would rather watch HGTV then cartoons. Takes after Grandma and Sissy in the home decorating department. (I think I would enjoy those shows if I felt I had time to watch them.)

Football at 3:30 (need to have all chores done.) College Game Day on ESPNU in 40 minutes.

Grocery store in about an hour or so.

So proud of the fact that Little Mama has these really great maternal instincts.

Boop is so excited that daddy is home today. He follows daddy around all day. And, if daddy isn't careful, he bumps into him when he turns around! Because Boop is right, right behind him.

I think we are going to make cookies for two neighbors who have had a rough week.

Excited about Pastor Don's sermon tomorrow on forgiveness. So inspired by the fact that he is willing to preach God's word with firmness and love. Also excited about the new study we will be doing as a church, Radical: Taking Your Faith Back from the American Dream. In a nutshell it is a study on how American materialism has crept into the Christian church. And how to get back to the basics of what the biblical church is really all about.

So, so glad it is Saturday and we are all home with really no place to go . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like a good day. I love football. Hope EG continues to do well today!

MollyMcFarland said...

Two other churches in town started the Radical Series yesterday too. What did you think?

Ann said...

There are a total of four in town and one that is doing it sort of. Oh my word is all I can say. I have started reading the book and it is all I can think about.

Ever feel like have a religion discussion, let me know. He is all about how the church has gotten away from what Jesus really calls all believers to do. He isn't pointing fingers. He is just asking some really hard, thought provoking questions. I can't wait to go through it in church and finish the book!