Friday, September 3, 2010

One of Those Days

But not in a bad way. Just a busy way. Woke up late because EG decided last night she didn't want to sleep alone. ;) Still was able to have a little quiet time and prayer time, though.

Got the kids going around 7:30 and did school until lunch while making phone calls and other tasks that just needed to be done. After lunch a little more school and our service project for this week. We volunteered to make green beans for a local high school football team. I don't think I have ever seen so many green beans in one place.

Anyway, those had to be to the church at 1:45 and I wanted EG back home because she definitely needed a nap. While she napped we baked blueberry muffins needed for dinner and the kids had reading time. Before EG woke up I was able to cut some coupons and work out a draft grocery list and meals plans for next week.

When EG woke up it was off to Barnes and Nobles for a gift certificate for a birthday party tomorrow. Then off to the library for our scheduled library time. Books due and time to get new ones. We are going through a book called Information, Please and it is a study on how to use the library and research materials. Today's worksheet was basic questions about our local library. Such as how many books it has and what happens if a books is late. Kind of fun. The next assignment is a scavenger hunt. That should be fun!

Then home just in time to pick up and get dinner started. So, not much time for anything else. I am waiting for the very simple, stay at home school days to start. . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck with that! ("I am waiting for the very simple, stay at home school days to start")
I don't equate homeschool with simple or not busy. I, however, got a very nice break yesterday with my two oldest at school and my two youngest napping. It hasn't been that quiet in this house in a loooong time.

Ann said...

It is always so strange to me when it is that quiet. I like it but I always just feel a little off ;)