Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Morning with Nature Girl

This morning was all about Nature Girl. She had a PT appointment to help her stop walking on her tip toes. She has been doing it since she could walk.

The PT was so cool! I loved her. She explained to NG why she needed to do the four exercises she explained to us. NG has to do at least one of the exercises four times a day. Possibly for life. They are pretty easy (easy for me to say.) But, I explained to the PT that I don't want to battle with her about it.

So, she took the time to talk with NG and explain how important it is and she gave us some tools to make it work. She told me to make a spreadsheet that is divided into four times a day. When she does her exercises she checks it off. At the end of the week she brings me her sheet and if she has done what she is suppose to then she gets, for example, a bag of M&Ms.

The PT told her not to make it a battle for me. And that it will help her in the long run. But, honestly, isn't that with everything we do as a parent!

After a great appointment, I took NG school shopping. We headed to Target. We looked at clothes and toys, of course. Then we headed to the school supply aisle. I let the kids pick out basically what they want. Every year NG gets a matching dog binder, folder and notebook. This year she got colored pens, some regular pencils and a pretty journal for her prayer/quiet time.

She tried on some clothes, but nothing really fit because she is so tall and thin. We did manage to get her clothes for a jazz/tap class she is taking in the fall. She didn't really care about not getting an outfit. I told her we would try again some other day somewhere else. We kind of needed to get home because Grandma was on her way for a visit. She was cool with that. She can be pretty easy going!

So, as a final treat she and I got Carmel Frappicinos. I really, really enjoyed spending a little bit of time with her today. She is growing up so, so fast . . .