Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sleep

I hate to say anything, but, for the last two nights EG has slept through the night! In fact, we have had no little people in our bedroom, at all, for the last two nights. First time in weeks and weeks and weeks. Now, this is how it all happened.

We finally got the mattress we ordered for EG to sleep on. It fits under our existing bunk beds in the girls' room. We bought her a matching sheet and the big girls slide it out at night and push it in in the morning. So that is where she is sleeping now. I guess she just likes being with some one. Little Mama has offered that if she does wake up at night, EG can sleep with her. (So typical of Little Mama! She is going to make a fantastic wife and mother!)

Boop finally got to sleep back in his own room after two years. At first, he didn't like it. He kind of fussed and wanted me to stay with him. But, after some cajoling and leaving a light or two on, he fell asleep. He also has slept through the night!

I know nothing lasts forever. And I am not counting on this being the end to midnight visitors. But, it sure has been nice to wake up all by myself in the morning (well, with hubby too).

I will confess, though, one thing, I am a little sad. Part of the excuse of letting EG sleep with me was that she wouldn't be a baby forever. She would grow up and need me less and less. And, because she is the last, I was willing to let some of the bad habits slide.

No matter how hard I try, they all just keep growing up. So, so not prepared for it . . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

"No matter how hard I try, they all just keep growing up."
SO true. And sad. But wonderful.

Glad you made some progress on EG's sleep.... what a sweetheart your Little Mama is.