Monday, July 11, 2011

Oh No, Not Yet

EG is trying so hard to give up her nap. It has been almost a week since she has slept in the afternoon. She needs the sleep. I need the break.

I love, love, love her but quiet time/rest time/nap time is a must for me to make it through the day.

I have moved her from her crib to the twin bed at nap time so she won't call for me the entire hour. She will lay in the bed, play with her blankets, books, stuffed animals and pillows. She doesn't get out. Which really is a surprise to me.

She doesn't sleep either. I can't make her sleep and I tell her she doesn't have to, she just has to be quiet, play quietly, rest and stay in her bed. She makes it for about an hour. I keep hoping she will fall asleep. But, she doesn't.

It has made for some cranky days and long evenings. She had a melt down with the babysitter last night. And, her potty accidents have increased.

Oh, I am just not ready for this yet . . .


2 comments:

Katie said...

It's hard not to get that break during the day, isn't it? You could try napping her every other day.... this is what I always did when my kids were transitioning. They didn't need (want) the every day nap, but they were too crabby and tired to give naps up cold-turkey.

I was actually grateful when Luke gave up his nap, but that's because it was during the school year and it was hard for me to get him down at a certain time and then have to wake him up to pick up the boys at school.
I've been very happy this summer to have no one that naps, because I don't have to work our plans around a naptime!

Hopeful you and EG will get used to the new normal soon :)

Unknown said...

Please for humanity's sake please do it once
I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.

What you have to do is follow these simple steps

1.go to my blogger profile and visit my blog "Kwotz - Golden Words of Life"
2.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
3. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from ADChoices boxes and visit there.
4.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.

Note: Only ONE click is needed. If you don't wanna help then just visit my blog.
I will be grateful to you if you put my blog on your Blogroll.
I really need your help