Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chef in Waiting






I am still contemplating what to do next fall about ballet. I was so sure a month ago but then I saw the girls' ballet DVDs and then I wasn't so sure! But, in the meantime I am praying about it and enjoying the time that we have had at home the last couple of weeks. If we don't do ballet one of my goals is to give Little Mama plenty of time to cook and bake (and clean.) The three things she absolutely loves to do. She received a Paula Dean cookbook for Christmas this year and last night was the first time we have had time to try out a recipe. I chose the recipe this time just to get into the swing of things (and to be sure I could do it and it would turn out!) As many of you know, I like to bake but not cook. But I think we had fun. Little Mama was all into it. I told her soon enough she would be making dinner all by herself. She said she didn't think she could because she wouldn't know how much of what to put into the recipe. I told her that was one more good reason to learn to read!! We made Porcupine Meatballs and if I do say so myself they turned out really, really good. When I try a new recipe (which isn't often) daddy has the final say so to whether or not I make again. And he really liked it. I think Little Mama's first foray into being the family cook was a success . . .

3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Way to go, Little Mama! I'm so excited she likes to cook! Some of my favorite memories with my kids were cooking together. You just never know when those times might spark a life-long interest. You may have a budding chef in the family! Move over Paula Deen! Here comes Little Mama!!

Katie said...

Mmmmm....looks yummy!

Kathryn said...

we have that exact cookbook and have made porcupine meatballs. Try the monkey bread and Stone soup...Emily loved doing those!