Thursday, April 16, 2009

Grand Finale

Last week was the week to register for ballet for the 2009-2010 performance year. And we did not register :( It will be the first time in 4 years that my girls will not be taking ballet. It was a sad day indeed. I remember when Grandma first suggested ballet to us when Nature Girl was 3 years old. It would not have been something that I would have done on my own (kinda like piano lessons.) God pointed us to the ballet classes offered at Wildwood Church. What a great decision that had been so many years ago. My girls were taught by loving, caring teachers and most important the focus was on showing love for God through dance! Along the way the girls and I have met some of our bestest friends. We have gathered together for the last 4 years. Every year making sure we took the same classes so the kids could be together but also so the mom's could be together. I have met such fabulous, like minded moms. They have been such an encouragement to me over the years. Last year we signed up, not because the girls wanted to do ballet but simply so we could hang out with our friends! I would have continued that again for the next year but the girls' classes were not held on the same day. I would have to travel across town twice a week. In addition to the two times a week they have tumbling (which is what they really like to do.) Daddy and I came to an executive decision. The girls really didn't like ballet, it was getting expensive, it was way across town and it was getting time consuming. Problem solved - no more ballet.

In a way I am excited. We will be out of the house only two afternoons a week. I am hoping it will give us time to focus on some of the other stuff I want to do with the girls. Last school year I bought a book "Training Our Daughters to be Keepers of the Home." I am hoping to start using that book next year. It has sewing and cooking and etiquette just to name a few things. All the things that a young women should begin to know about home and family. Nature Girl loves to sew. Little Mama loves to bake. As it is right now we have no time for any of that. I am really looking forward to the time we will have together learning to be the girls God wants us to be. . .

No comments: