Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's Official

I have become a human pacifier. Wrap me up in cellophane and stamp a price on me. I had my suspicions over the course of the last few weeks but because of nursing issues and EG not gaining tons of weight I have ignored it. Plus, if I acknowledged that that is what I had become, I would have to do something about it! After last night it is impossible to ignore. My beautiful baby girl was up every hour and a half. The dead give away that it wasn't hunger was the fact that she would nurse for like 2 minutes. Then her sucking would shift to the comfort kind of sucking. (I thought we had made progress at my mom's.) And if I tried to detach her she would wake up and fuss. She hasn't been sleeping well during the day either. Not going to sleep right away like she would a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had a problem with the 1-3 times a night waking up and nursing and going back to sleep. I have even come to "enjoy" it. It is peaceful and she is so sweet just lying there. I had vowed to continuing doing it as long as I could keep nursing her. Most days my body adjusts to the lack of good, quality sleep. And, if I had a couple of bad nights, up 3 times, I knew in a couple of days I would get a couple of good nights. But, I do believe that a mom and a baby need good night time sleep. It keeps us healthy and in good spirits. I will wait this one out as well. I will give it a night or two and see if it works itself out. Which in the past it always has. I will cross the bridge when I need to. Make up a plan to get my precious baby the night time sleep she (and I deserve). But in the meantime, I will just have to wait and see what happens next . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I wish I had some advice for you. Your attitude and plan sounds just right.