Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Look OK

I would be lying if I didn't say I was not a little concerned about losing baby fat after having given birth to baby number four at the age of 40 (almost 41). I have a closet full of kind of expensive really great small clothes. Before getting pregnant this last time I was pretty thin. (According to my mom too thin.) So for the last couple of months I have been a little (a very little) preoccupied with my weight. If for no other reason then I have absolutely no summer clothes and summer is definitely here! I have never really dieted but I do watch what I eat. I don't deprive myself of any food that I want. I eat ice cream or cookies almost every night. I eat pizza and fast food pretty much whenever I want. Although we try not to eat it too often. I can't really complain if I don't shed the pounds. Plus I know I need them to continue nursing ;) Yesterday (or the day before) I looked in the mirror and finally decided "Hey, I look OK." I will be OK if the last 10-15 lbs never comes off. I am healthy and I feel pretty good. Maybe a little tired but can't do much about that. I have bought a few inexpensive summer clothes in a little bit bigger sizes. My husband says I look fine, I have four great kids. Really not all that bad for a 41 year old . . .

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

AMEN Sista!!! You look great!

Katie said...

Awesome healthy attitude!