Friday, May 1, 2009

Congratulations Graduate


Some time today my little sister will be taking her FINAL college exam. She was on the 6 year plan and tomorrow she graduates! To her defense, she has worked two jobs the majority of her college career and she has lived on her own. I think she might have changed her major once (maybe twice :) Anyway, I am so proud of her. In an era where kids are handed everything, she has managed to stick it out and succeed. I have always told her she will have traits and characteristics that most of the other graduates won't have. Just for the mere fact that she has had to do everything on her own. I know it isn't the way she wanted it and I know it isn't the way her parents wanted it but I honestly believe it is for the best. She hasn't been handed anything. She has had to work for what she wants. She has learned how to budget and live within her means and she has learned time management. There have been times when she has had to borrow money, but hubby has never hesitated to loan it to her. One, she always paid us back with interest in babysitting and second, he always saw her working. It wasn't like she was expecting the help. Or that it was due her. Admirable traits for a women in her early 20s. I know she is excited and a little apprehensive. But as I told her in a text "It can be very exciting u can do whatever u want with ur life." How awesome is that . . .

No comments: