Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tidbits

My kids are watching the season finale of dwts (Dancing With the Stars) this morning before school thanks to the DVR.

EG rolls to get where she wants to go.

She is trying to crawl. She gets up on her knees with her face down in the carpet. Then she picks herself up and her bottom falls down. She will be one that has rug burn on her knees!

We are getting ready to go to Grandma's for the long Memorial Day Weekend.

Daddy is working this zone so he stopped in for breakfast. The minute he walked through the door he got a call so had to turn around and leave right away :)

Daddy informed me yesterday that they are having a shift bid at work. In other words you tell the department what shift you would like to work. Daddy put in a memo as to why it would be a hardship for him to go to nights. Yikes!

Tonight both of my girls have been asked to help at their gym to train the new teachers. They are used as helpers to show the new teachers how to teach tumbling.

Today is auditions for a real ballet production of the Nutcracker. I am trying to encourage Nature Girl to try out. I believe God has given her a gift of grace and I would love for her to use it. She doesn't want to and said she doesn't really have a reason. I am a little bummed :(

Little Mama would love to but it is for 7+. Go figure!!

Tried to make green bean baby food this week. My first disaster. First I steamed them so long I burnt the pot. Then I tried to puree them and it just jammed up the blender. Once I opened the blender to get them out it smelled like burnt green beans. I threw them all away. I decided to go with Gerbers for the green beans ;)

Crazy Florida weather. It has been in the low 60s at the end of May. Today it is so windy we have to get all the toys out of the backyard that might fly away.

We have had our redneck pool up since April and have been only able to use it once. It rained so much the other day, it filled up the pool and the sides collapsed and all the water went rushing out.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Just normal, everyday life, right?

Ann said...

One of my favorite sayings "Such is life."

Ann said...

Molly - for as much money as you and Alex have to pay in tickets etc you would think they would consult you before making major changes - ha,ha!!! Love you!!!! You are the bestest sister!!

Molly said...

OMG! Good point! I'm calling....