Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Cool in the Furnace





Last night was the girls' church musical. They have been practicing most of the spring. This year's theme was based on the Old Testament story of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (or Abendable as Little Mama calls him) and the fiery furnace. King Nebuchadnezzar made an idol that all were to worship. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego knew that they were to only worship the one true God. Punishment for not worshiping the King's idol was to be thrown into a fiery furnace. And they were. But God did not forsake them. He protected them in that furnace. What a great story of faith. And one that I just learned in the last 5 or so years. I had always heard the story of the lion's den. But after studying the book of Daniel, I learned this story as well. OK now back to the kids :) I enjoyed the musical for so many reasons. It is usually a smaller crowd and you can see every kid on the stage and there are some characters! I know the girls are happy to look out and see a whole row of family. Last night was daddy, Coco, Mickey, me, Boop, Sissy and EG. And a couple of their friends came. My sister and I spent quite of bit of time chuckling. The kids are so good and they work so hard and some of the moves and expressions are priceless. I think one lady turned around and gave my sister and I "the eye" because we were a little loud. At first I felt kind of bad. But then I thought about it, it is all part of it. You clap when they do well and giggle when the kids are silly or doing unpredictable stuff. Heaven knows my girls were being silly at times. Another show goes down in history. Aaahhh, the voices of little angels . . .

No comments: