Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend














A lot of pictures, I know. Thanks to Sissy. Well, we got to my mom's right before dinner. We had brought a couple of games because the weather predicted rain. We unpacked and had dinner and the kids swam a little bit in between rain drops. The highlight of the evening for me anyway was playing a little bit of Texas Holdem with adults :) I only played a couple hands though because I knew I would be up quite a bit during the night :) I left hubby, Alex and Sissy to continue on until the wee hours of the morning. Ahh to be young again - hee, hee.
Saturday morning brought intermitant rain. Thanks to Aunt Teresa the kids did a little swimming over in her pool across the street. But by lunch time things had cleared up and it was off to the beach for sun, fun and fishing. Going to the beach with four kids is somewhat comical. We had sooo much stuff. Have you ever seen the beginning to the old show "Yes, Dear." The family from the show is struggling through the parking lot with strollers, rafts, towels, bags and a beach umbrella. I so totally felt like that. It was another windy day so the beach umbrella was useless. I was not about to sit in the sun with a 6 month old and no shade. So EG and I left the others there to tan, fish and play and we took a pleasant drive down Gulf Boulevard. It really was nice. I got to see some of the places I used to hang out at when I lived down there. We got back to the beach in time for everyone to pack up. It worked out perfectly. Just enough time for the kids to play and the boys to fish. Although they didn't catch anything :(
That night daddy was able to get the hot tub working so that was way cool! Sissy held EG and daddy and I, the other kids and Grandma were able to get in. Wow, what a treat that was! I LOVE sitting in hot bubbly water!! It just seems to wash all of your cares away. A hot tub is on my wish list now!
Sunday Grandma, Sissy, and Alex took the big girls to church. Daddy took Boop shopping and I had the house to myself (except for a napping EG). I sat on the couch in the sun room and read. Currently reading "Babbit" by Sinclare Lewis - very interesting book. Another nice surprise for the weekend :) After everyone got home we went up to Beef O'Brady's to eat some lunch and watch the ACC Baseball Tournament. FSU lost - bummer. That evening we had a small gathering of close friends for a graduation party for Sissy. We had great food and wonderful conversation.
As always the day to go home comes much too quickly. Before we left we were already making plans as to when we would see Grandma again. I think it is her turn to come to see us ;)
Anyway, our trip home was not near as eventful as our trip down there. It still took us 5 hours. We will continue to find away to make our traveling just a little bit easier . . .

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
Great pictures.....

Molly said...

Yay for a fun weekend! :)

Ann said...

Where is your blog post??

Diane Moody said...

And to think it all happened on Lanai Avenue . . . it's just so weird not being there a couple doors down! Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you all had such a good time!