Friday, May 22, 2009

Bonus Blog

So, my intention was not to blog a post until we got back on Tuesday. But, last night is a story I don't want to not write down. We had had a busy day and bedtime was rather late. As everyone was piling in bed it came to Boop's attention that he did not have Lion which is his lovey. He has not slept without it. EVER. Every one in the house searched for like a half hour. The irony is we had spent the whole evening cleaning and straightening so we knew where ever it was it was hidden pretty well. It was getting even later and later and no Lion. Every once in awhile daddy has a really good idea. And last night was one of them. Daddy brought Boop his very special shirt that he wears hunting in Wisconsin. It was bought at Cabella's! He told Boop to cover himself with it until we could find Lion. Boop was very thankful but very serious about his new lovey. Later on I found Boop's lovey in Little Mama's bed. I looked up at Little Mama and she was very thoughtful. She said "I prayed to find Lion. I didn't want him to sleep without it." She had tears in her eyes. I took her out of bed and sat with her on the couch just to talk with the sweetest girl God ever made. We talked about God and about praying. She told me she prayed the day before to have daddy come to tumbling (and he did.) She also told me she prays for things that she doesn't end up getting. I told her that God knows what is best for her and sometimes it isn't what we want. But He loves us.

So, when I put Little Mama back to bed I check in on Boop. He was sound asleep IN daddy's shirt. I had wanted to take a picture but couldn't find the camera. This morning, the first thing Boop did was bring out daddy's special shirt and make sure he got it back . . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Tears in my eyes....what a sweet, sweet story. Do you have ANY idea how blessed you are? Oh my goodness! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a GREAT time at G'ma's!

Katie said...

What a great story. Your children are so sweet.