Friday, May 15, 2009

Check Up





Today is EG's six month check up. I know I can't believe it either. Six months!! It seems like just yesterday our family grew by one more precious baby. In the beginning I was soooo stressed. Number two and number three just kind of fit right in. They got with the program right away. EG not so much. She isn't a bad baby by any stretch. In fact, we went to IHop yesterday for lunch and you hardly even knew she was there. All the kids did very well. She has constant smiles. Never cries. And when she does, it is a fake cry. The minute you pick her up and hold her she is fine. Right now she is sitting in her brand new highchair waiting for me to get in the shower. She is just cooing and playing with her toys. I guess in the beginning I just forgot how quickly that chunk of time passes where they need you constantly. And I guess when you already have a decent size family to take care of it can get to you. Just not having enough time and hands. Just the other night I was talking to daddy about how when you are right in the middle of having a newborn you just don't realize it passes so quickly. As I have told you before I am a slow learner ;) Anyway, daddy got a dear in the headlights look knowing where I was going with the conversation. But I didn't ;) I am good :)

Anyway, back to EG's check up. I am always so expectant. I know she is healthy but I always hinge what I am going to do next on how much weight she has gained. Every time I say "if she gains a lot of weight we will start working on her sleeping through the night." And every time I go she gained like the bare minimum amount of weight so whatever plans I have for her are put on hold. I need to go with no expectations and just be happy that she is happy and healthy.

Well, I am fixing to go and wake her, feed her and load everyone up. I will be back in about an hour and a half with her report ;)
Once again I thought she had gained a ton of weight. She just seems so heavy to me! But it was 14.29 and she was 26 inches long. The doc of course said everything was great. Not to worry about the weight. She is obviously healthy and happy. The female doctor we have is awesome. She is a relatively new mom so is so totally understanding. The kids love her. She always talks with every one and asks questions. This time Boop told her that EG had rolled off his bed (which she hasn't). And Nature Girl told her that I beat them to make them go to sleep (which I don't). I expect DCF (Department of Children and Family) at the door any day . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Your funny kids! I don't think you have to be too worried about the DCF showing up anytime soon.

Love EG's wide-eyed look.

Diane Moody said...

SO funny your kids said that to the pediatrician! When Ben was about 3, after church one day we were chatting in the hall with the church counselor who was kinda old. Out of nowhere, Ben says, "My mom & daddy fight." Dr. Barrington just looked at us. We were so embarrassed! But the night before, Ken & I had been on the floor, tickling each other, wrestling, just being silly for the kids' benefit. So yah, we were "fighting" but . . . OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES!

I'm just happy EG is doing so great. She looks like an angel in these pictures!!

Oh - it's probably bad, bad protocal to tell MY story on YOUR blog! Bad form, Diane. Bad form!!