Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I had two requests for Mother's Day. The first was to be able to work on my cards and the second was to watch the baseball game on TV. I was able to spend quite a bit of time working on cards but the baseball game wasn't on TV. Even though the paper said it was. One out of two isn't bad. So instead I watched an episode of House that I had never seen before. It truly doesn't take much to make me happy!! Anyway, we had a very nice day. Went to church and came home and just relaxed. Daddy and the kids did most everything which was basically just give me some down time. Daddy made one of my most favorite dinners, chicken quesidillas. And Sissy and Alex came over and got our new wireless laptop working and showed me how to use one of my Mother's Day presents, an Ipod nano. Boy is that cool. After dinner the kids gave me a barrage of Mother's Day gifts. Little Mama had given me three pieces of really pretty jewelery (that Grandma had let her keep when she had moved) and she made me a beautiful card with a dollar in it. She had wanted to give me all of her money but I graciously talked her out of it. Nature Girl gave me a beautiful ring (that Grandma had let her keep when she had moved), Boop gave me a bunch of his books. Each of the gifts was something of their's that they were willing to give away. To me!! They all spent the afternoon wrapping (I could hear them.) They were all so excited to give me their gifts. They were all so wonderful. Truly the best gifts are the ones that come from the heart . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your children are so sweet. Sounds like you had a lovely day.