Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teething









We can't be there already. Actually I am a little surprised it took this long. EG has been working on her fingers for months it seems like. And teeth are one of those great unknowns. Little Mama had teeth at four months. I found out when she bit me while nursing. Nature Girl didn't get teeth until she was a year old. And then got her back molars first. Some nurse when she was born saw something white in her mouth and told me she already had teeth. I since found out that it was actually a ulcer type thing. Not really a tooth at all. So, yesterday, as EG was putting my finger in her mouth for the umpteenth time, I felt a sharp hard thing. A TOOTH! That could explain a little grumpiness and the instinct to shove EVERYTHING in her mouth. We have been talking about instinct in school. We are reading Pagoo, the story of the whole life of a hermit crab, and how his Old Pal Instinct guided him to eat and swim for survival. EG has been a great example of human instinct. On Sunday, she had stuck both fists in her mouth. The pictures are of her efforts to relieve her instinct to chew . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love baby toofies.

Luke's 5th one just poked through. He chews and drools on everything too.