Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend in Review

Our weekend started with Grandma driving up for Sissy's graduation. She got here right at dinner time and we had a nice meal of homemade pancakes, bacon, two kinds of sausage and poached eggs. Sissy and Alex joined us as well. I felt honored that she ate dinner with us considering it was graduation weekend :) Of course, Sissy, Alex and Grandma went out for a little while after dinner to celebrate ;)

Saturday morning started early as usual. I was so thankful that Sissy decided not to walk for graduation. As proud as I am of her, I really, really didn't want to sit in the Civic Center for three hours with four kids. Plus, daddy wouldn't have been there because he had to work. Sissy and Grandma went shopping for household essentials because Sissy has just moved into a new place. The kids and I had a relaxing Saturday. I think I even read a little and tried to take a nap! Later on in the afternoon we placed our "bets" on our Kentucky Derby horses and got ready for Sissy's graduation dinner at Andrew's. What a great choice Sissy (and Grandma) made for dinner. It was a breezy evening and sitting out side for dinner was great. At post time we all went inside to watch the race. It was really very exciting. Boop's horse won! His horse was 50-1 odds!! I think Boop walked away with a whole $1.50. Just enough to buy him a HotWheels car at the grocery store! Dinner was fabulous. The company was delightful. And the kids were very well behaved!

Sunday morning brought Grandma's departure. Which is always hard. She was suppose to leave by 11:00. But the girls were watching Kit Kittredge and Grandma watched it with them. Then it was performance time. The girls donned their ballet recital costumes (because Grandma won't be here for the actual recital) and did a little part of their dances. Next came lunch and dodge ball in the front yard. Yes, Grandma played along. Unfortunately I had to feed EG so I missed out on the game! The girls said Grandma was so slow that even Boop was able to catch her ;) Out of the mouth of babes. Grandma finally had to leave. Little Mama came in my room, her hands in the air, a sad look on her face and a pouty lip and said "I miss her. She was fun to play with . . . "

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

hope your mom read this!