Friday, April 10, 2009

Nature Girl Gets Her Ears Pierced






















For the girls a rite of passage to growing up is getting your ears pierced. The tradition was set with me when I was 8 years old. Of course, back then I think you had to go to a doctor to get it done! I took my sister when she was 8 and so when Nature Girl started asking for her ears to be pierced we told her she had to wait until she was 8. Of course, when she started asking 8 seemed soooo far away! Well, this weekend Nature Girl turns 8 and yesterday she got her ears pierced. She was so excited and just a little bit nervous as you can see in the pictures! Sissy met us at Claire's and Grandma drove up from Clearwater for the event. It was a big family deal. Of course we got it all in pictures . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

Congratulations to the birthday girl! I just noticed in my prayer journal that I'd missed the date, so her card will be very late! How FUN that you all got to be there for this traditional event! I'm still on dial-up so as the first picture slooooowly came in, I spotted Carol's hair & those sunglasses long before the whole picture downloaded! LOL

Please give Nature Girl a big hug from Auntie Di!