Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jazz and Blues Festival







Today is the annual Jazz and Blues Festival at the Jr. Museum. The Jr. Museum is actually called the Museum of Natural Sciences I believe. Anyway, they have an annual festival with local talent that showcase jazz and blues. My favorite type of music! We have annual passes to the museum so it doesn't cost us to get in. They have all kinds of stuff for the kids to do. Crafts, games, one year face painting and a bouncy tent. We usually go after nap time and walk the nature trail. Then we hang out and listen to music and eat snacks. The kids participate in whatever they have going on. The place is usually packed. People just hanging around listening to music and enjoying nature. It is one of the things that I look forward to every year. I think this will be our 3rd or 4th year. Some people say there isn't much to do in our area. I say there is, you just have to look a little harder to find it . . .

No comments: