Friday, November 20, 2009

I Am Lazy

I am not going to deny it. I am busy all day long. Not because I necessarily want to be but because I have to be. But, it is very easy for me to sit down at this computer and type my blog while there are dishes in the sink and an unmade bed along with the ever growing list of things that need to be done. I, at the moment, am OK with this. I can give you a million reasons why, a million really good reasons why. Reasons that if I were having a face to face conversation with you, you would say "It is OK. You deserve a little down time."

But, inside, I know the real reason. I am lazy. It actually works to my advantage to have four kids and homeschool. It comes in as a really handy excuse sometimes. But I know, I am lazy. I was hoping this weekend, I would be motivated to become unlazy. To really change the way I think. To take every moment and use it for a good purpose. To get it together.

But here I sit, with a sink full of dirty dishes, laundry on the living room chair and a messy school room. Laziness is hard to over come. Especially when you don't feel like not being lazy . . .

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm super lazy too. And I'm not organized.

Ann said...

Why are we lazy?? And, are other moms lazy too?? Or is it just us?? Do we just not get worked up over stuff?? At least not daily?? Or is it important to us to be balanced?? Or, do we just like to do what we like to do?? Not that I really think you are lazy by the way!!

Katie said...

Well, for me, I think it has a lot to do with my favorite pastime -- reading. Definitely a solitary, sedentary activity. And I don't need to be organized to do it!

I also like to blame my laziness on sleep deprivation, but I know I was like that before my kids came along (but my house was cleaner).

I know other moms who are like me, but most of them have way more ambition, motivation and cleaner houses than I do.

If you catch me in the morning, I am as un-lazy as you will see me, and that is when I do all my best work. But after noon.... where's the couch please?

Ann said...

It is funny you mention the sleep deprivation thing, because when I was contemplating getting EG to sleep all night, I knew I would not have a great excuse anymore :) And, also, if it doesn't get done by noon around here, it doesn't get done!!