Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Picture Day

Yesterday was our annual pictures. I had such great ideas, such neat plans. I wanted them to look all wintry and cozy. But I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, couldn't find the sizes for everyone, and then ran out of time and settle for Christmas pictures. (I had to buy new Christmas outfits anyway ;) The kids looked fabulous and were so well behaved. We kind of draw a little attention to ourselves because everyone is dressed so nicely. But the icing on the cake is the fact that they were polite, kind and obedient. And I know that it didn't go unnoticed.

Anyway, I digress. Yesterday went well. As good as could be expected. The picture taking thing is getting increasingly more difficult. Not that the kids were difficult but it is virtually impossible to get everyone looking at the camera WITH a decent smile on their faces ;) And EG was a wild woman. She was all over the place, pulling on the camera pole, sitting in front of the fan. In one of the poses the kids wanted her to sit in a little chair and they all stand around her. She wanted no part of the chair. She wiggled and arched her back. The big kids only job was to look at the camera and smile so that if we got EG in a decent pose the photographer could snap a couple of pictures.

But, of course, EG antics were hard to ignore. She wasn't being ornery. She just wanted to go, go, go. If we gave her a gift box to hold, she would rip of the top, throw the box and shove the top in her mouth. She did like the little bear for a little bit. But I really didn't want stuffed animals in the picture.

Out of about 20 shots (maybe not quite that many) I got about a half dozen that were keepers. There again, none of them were perfect. But, part of that assessment is I was in such a rush to pick out pictures. Not that the studio was rushing me but it was a long time to make the kids sit and wait while I was trying to decide. Thankfully CoCo was with us and she took EG for a walk and the big kids watched the TV.

I am always pleasantly suprised when I pick them up. They always turn out better than I remember. Another holdiay "chore" accomplised. Sixty-seven more to go . . .

3 comments:

Ann said...

If I ever get my Christmas cards made :)

Unknown said...

And, how did you come up with 67 more to go???????????????

Daddy should be in the family pictures too, along with you!

Looking forward to seeing you'al in person in less than one month.

Ann said...

My literary license. I have no idea how many more chores I have ;) Actually don't want to count!! We did a family pix for the church directory. If we have one laying around I will send it. They were outrageously expensive and didn't turn out all that great. 6 people to look at the camera and all smile! Can't wait to see you all!! The kids are excited to have everyone here!