Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Look


Yesterday, at tumbling, I finally got "the look." You know the look, the one that says "Lady, can't you control your child." I know, I have given it before! In all honesty I have probably gotten it before too, just never noticed. ;)

She was sitting, by herself, in the stands at tumbling, reading her book while all of her children tumbled. EG was running down the ramp to the tumbling floor. As I tried to reach for her, to pick her up and move her to where she should be "She went boneless." or "Se convirtio en un trapo." to quote Knuffle Bunny or El Conejito Knuffle, which ever language you prefer (one of my favorite books by the way).

Anyway, as I was responding to the tumbling coach who was yelling "run away baby." I looked up and saw, the lady, just staring, her eyes speaking volumes to my parenting skills. (I am probably over sensitive.)

We had been to swimming in the morning, Target after that. Home to make lunch, make muffins, clean up, a 45 minutes nap for EG and back to tumbling for our 2 1/2 hour stint. Not that I making excuses for my little angel, but that was a lot for me to deal with, much less my very vocal, animated, willful 18 mos old, who truly believes, in her very being, that the whole world is her very own playground and everyone in it her very own playmate.

I know the look, as I said, I have given it before. I am going to work very hard at not giving it again . . . ;)

1 comment:

Katie said...

First of all, I love Knuffle Bunny :)

Well, I know I've gotten the look, I've probably given it too. But the more children I have, the more empathetic I am to other mothers, in all situations.
Sounds to me like EG was doing great, all things considered.