Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Story Continues

Which I know is no better or worse than anyone else's story. And really, in the big scheme of things, it could be a lot worse ;) But, it is our story and right now it vacillates between amusing and just a tad bit frustrating. Life is definitely messy. Literally and physically ;)

Little Mama and I have been up since 3:30AM. She finally succumbed to the nasty virus. Now, I will admit, I was/am very nervous about the younger ones getting it. It is brutal. Hubby can't ever remember feeling as poorly as he did. I would tend to agree.

But, at 3:30AM LM was a champ. She woke me and said she had to throw up. We went together and she did great. I rubbed her back and talked with her, helping her to relax. She and I laid on the couch together and about an hour later did it again. And that has been it. So far.

I have squirreled her away in our bedroom with a DVD player and all her blankets and stuffed animals. I am a yell away. My goal today is to keep Boop and EG as far away from her as possible. But I fear the damage has been done. We did not take it seriously enough when NG first had it. (In all honesty, we thought it was just exhaustion, which she is prone to.)

Because of our latest phase of sickness, NG is not able to go to horse camp. I could have gotten her there this AM but had no way of picking her up this afternoon. (And I wouldn't have been able to get her there tomorrow or Thurs.) Plus, I was concerned that if she needed to be picked up during the day, I would not be able to go get her. Puking kids and cars just don't go well together in my book.

She seemed disappointed, like she had made up her mind to go. I told her we would look into a different week or talk about getting some lessons over the rest of the summer. Like I said, she seemed visually disappointed but we talked it out and all seems good for the moment.

I know we are not the only family on the planet who is suffering through days of horrible illness. And I am truly thankful that NG, daddy, EG, Boop and I are healthy. But, after 5 full days of this, it has become a huge part of "our story". And I am definitely ready for a newer, healthier chapter . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

boo. yuck.
Hoping the littles stay healthy and all gets back to normal soon (like tomorrow).
Thinking of you....

Diane Moody said...

Not a fun way to spend the summer, but as you well know, just part of the package with little ones. Praying the other 2 don't get it - or YOU!

My heart ached reading about NG's experience with the unkind girl at horse camp. Oh, don't we all remember those experiences. Like you, I hated gym & lunch period for all the same reasons! But your kids are all so well-rounded. They'll do great. Just life-learning experiences.

The sad thing is to be 56 and having people-issues . . . I've been up to my eyeballs in them lately and it's making me physically ill. I wonder when I'll grow out of this?

Hang in there. Prayers.

Ann said...

Diane - Praying for you . . .