Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Kids

Today I am bragging on my kids, just a little bit! Little Mama hurt her knee at tumbling last night. And could not walk on it. She had to take a pain reliever and have it iced down. She was as brave as she could be! And was a real trooper!

What impressed me incredibly, though, was how Boop and Nature Girl rallied around her. For the rest of the night, she wanted for nothing. If it was a bag of frozen broccoli she needed to put on her knee, Boop pulled the stool to the freezer and got it. When her dinner plate needed to be put in the kitchen someone was there to take care of it. If she needed help getting on the couch, she didn't need to ask, someone just helped.

Nature Girl slept in her bed with her. I guess just to be there for her.

One thing I seem to "harp" on all day, is the willingness to see someone's need and be willing to help. So, it was kind of cool to see it in action. With no prompting from me!

Of course, this morning they are fighting over the remote. But, to quote Linda Faye from Higher Up and Further In (one of my favorite blogs), "One step at a time." . . .

4 comments:

MollyMcFarland said...

That's the sweetest blog. And you did not tell me about her knee when you called this morning....what happened?

Katie said...

My favorite thing is young kids helping each other out.

Hope LM's knee is feeling better.

Diane Moody said...

When the going gets tough, the REAL evidence of good parenting shows through. Well done, Mom! You've nurtured them and now they know how to nurture others. Impressive!

But so sorry to hear of Little Mama's knee injury? Anything serious?

Ann said...

She "injured" it doing frog jumps. I am assuming she came down a little funny and twisted her knee. Right before bed she was doing much, much better. Aaahhh, the healing power of youth!