Friday, June 18, 2010

Maiden Voyage

Yes, today is the day. We are leaving after lunch to drive a couple hours to the beach for our very first camping experience in our Titanic of a camper. Last night I was laying awake trying to figure out how the heck we are going to get it out of our backyard. It was the first question I asked hubby this morning! He assured me it will be no problem.

We started packing it yesterday. We got all the dishes and linens and sleeping bags ready. It is kind of cool because, instead of packing suitcases, we just get our clothes and stuff ready, and put it in storage areas and closets and cabinets in the camper. The kids made their beds with their pillows and stuffed animals. We are bringing the minimal amount of "stuff" this trip, just to see how it goes. And, to see what we really need.

For Father's Day, though, I did buy hubby and I matching coffee cups that are made out of a blue speckled porcelain. (At least I think that is what they are made out of.) Someday he would like a whole set of dishes just like that.

Well, I could go on and on because I (we) are so excited. BUT, we have food and swimsuits and fishing poles and a camera to pack. Be back on Monday. Gone campin' . . .

No comments: