Saturday, October 16, 2010

Clarification

Last night my girls were with a friend and his dad. The friend expressed an interest in being homeschooled. I am sure the child thought all the girls do is play all day, and that obviously isn't the case. Well, isn't suppose to be the case. ;)

So, the dad tried to explain that my girls don't have access to their toys all day. And that they don't hang out with a lot of friends or have a lot of friends or something along those lines. Now, I know, he was just trying to dissuade his son from wanting to be homeschooled. It just isn't possible for them right now. And, honestly, I don't think they would even consider it. And that is totally fine with me. We love the family and the kids. No biggie.

But, Nature Girl wanted to correct the dad. She didn't, thank goodness. She wanted to tell him that they do get to play during the day. And, that they have a lot of friends. Like I said, I am glad she didn't. That wasn't her place. And, I think I understand what the dad was trying to do.

But, I wanted a chance to clarify it myself. Yes, my kids do get to play, a lot. We have periods of school through out the day and periods of play through out the day. Our school day officially ends around 1:30ish. Some days it is a little longer if the kids don't get their work done during the allotted time.

They have quite a few friends. A couple of really good ones. And, if we aren't careful, we could socialize ourselves right through the entire school year. There is so much to do with other groups, all the time. It takes real self control to stay at home and "do school."

Those were all my thoughts last night. A mama bear protecting her cubs I guess. I have kind of pushed it by the wayside today. But, I did want to take a minute to clarify some things. I just kind of had to. Even if no one is reading . . .

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yay! It is nice to some one is. Ha, ha!! (I know there are a few others as well!) So, thank you all ;)