Friday, October 8, 2010

Phenomenal


Phenomenal is what the third day was. We did so, so much really cool stuff. I decided to break the last day down into three separate posts because, otherwise, it would run on forever and I don't think I would be able to upload all of the pictures! Anyway, we started out with another great camping breakfast, cooked by us this time. I really do enjoy eating outside.

Our plan was, for in the morning, to visit a really big, massive pumpkin patch which had really, big and massive pumpkins. We had passed by it the day before when we were out looking around. The place was packed and it was only 10:30 in the morning. There were rows and rows of pumpkins bigger than I had ever seen before.


I tried to get a decent pictures of the kids. But, I don't have the patience for it. It is like corralling cats. I would get two or three in position and one would venture off. Or I might get two looking at the camera and a third would not and the fourth would be trying to climb the pumpkins. So, I gave up and just kind of snapped away.



There were even blue pumpkins. I think they were good for baking.


What is a pumpkin patch without a John Deere tractor. Obviously a photo op for Boop!


They had a covered area that sold all kind of gourds and squash. Hubby grabbed himself a basket and did a little shopping. We picked up some acorn squash (my personal favorite with bacon and brown sugar) and a spaghetti squash.


I think our greatest purchase was our 8ft corn stalks that will be gracing our front yard this fall. They had tons of them and I just had to have one, or two. They are great!

The day, was again, gorgeous. Sunny, cloudless and breezy. And, the pumpkin patch was just the first stop on our very busy but phenomenal day. Tomorrow, the out of this world apple orchard . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Squash (all kinds) is my favorite.
Love EG's outfit :)