Saturday, October 23, 2010

Houdini

It was nap time at my mom's. So, I put EG in her pack and play to take a nap. She cried for a little bit, unfamiliar surroundings. Then there was quiet. I quickly went to check my email and then I was going to hop in the shower. As I am closing up the computer I hear "Hi. Out of crib." And, my little Houdini is standing next to me with a big ol' grin on her face. After I got over the initial shock, I had to laugh.

We went back in the bedroom and I checked the position of the pack and play. It was near nothing. I put her back in and told her very sternly "not to get out." I shut the door and less than 10 seconds later she was out again.

After some stern scolding and placing her back in, she cried herself to sleep. About 30 minutes later I hear her call for me. I go into the guestroom and there she is, next to the guest bed, kind of crying and scared. I don't think she ever went to sleep (or stayed in the pack and play.)

That night I thought I would probably sleep with her in the guestroom. I had been sleeping on the fold out couch with Boop. But, I fell asleep on the fold out couch while the kids were watching a movie. So, I figured I would just stay there. EG had gone to sleep with no problem.

I did not hear from her through the night. At about 7:50 AM, I thought it strange that she was not up yet. I got up and opened the guest bedroom door, there she was snuggled up on top of the guest bed, wide awake. I asked her if she had slept in the crib or the bed. She smiled and told me the crib. Later on I asked her again, she smiled and said the bed.

I have no idea where she slept that night. I do know two things: 1) she cannot be left alone to sleep and 2) I was kind of glad to be home because she cannot get out of her crib. At least for the moment . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Never a dull moment with EG.