Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Last Day

This is actually a picture of our first day. And, it is a picture that my friend took. But, I like it because we were just beginning our camping adventure.


Of course, the kids didn't want to leave. And we had to spend most of our time packing up. But, we started the day with "The Breakfast of Champions." Yes, the kids had roasted marshmallows and s'mores for breakfast. It was a promise AND what is a camping trip with out marshmallows. Even if they are for breakfast.

EG enjoyed her very first marshmallow. What's not to love.


NG and Boop only wanted marshmallows. No graham crackers and chocolate for them. (Not something I personally understand. To each his own, I guess.)



Little Mama enjoyed the whole s'mores experience. And, I am very glad of that!


My friend also took this picture on our hike down from the waterfalls. I had to include it in my post, because if is one of my favorites. All of us tired, but happy.


If I have one regret, it is that we didn't stay longer. I know we will have other camping adventures in the future, but this trip will always hold a special place in my heart. A wonderful, wonderful time with family, friends and nature. Oh, how God has blessed us . . .

1 comment: