Friday, October 22, 2010

Purposeful Acts of Kindness

Going to and coming from my mom's we travel on a toll highway. We thought it would be fun to pay for the car behind us at each toll.

The first time, the attendant ask us who was behind us. I said I had no idea but to tell them to have a nice day. One time, the attendant was a little taken aback. A little slow to respond. But, then she smiled and said "O.K."

When we would get close to a toll booth, Boop would yell at me to slow down so a car could get behind us.

The kids, would then look behind, to see what the driver would do after the attendant told them the toll was paid. They had questions like "Will they drive up to us and thank us?" or "Will they then pay for the car behind them?"

We, I, have been thinking a lot about how my actions affect/effect others. I have been taking time to help the kids understand about choices and consequences. So, I thought this would be a fun way to kind of put thoughts and words into action.

As a added bonus, it kind of made the trip go a little faster . . .

4 comments:

MollyMcFarland said...

If there was a "like" button on here, I would click it. :)

Ann said...

You should talk to Blogger about a like button. That is a great idea. ;)

Katie said...

How cool is that?

I'd press the "like" button too!

Mary Beth said...

This is so great! I am touched and I was not even behind you! :) Awesome, Ann...thanks for the inspiration.