Saturday, May 21, 2011

Beautiful Ballerinas




Yesterday was the girls' ballet recital. As always, it brought tears to my eyes. The girls looked so beautiful and worked so hard to get their dances done right. And it truly is a joy to my heart to watch them dance.

This year they were in Upper Division and part of a story ballet. The director of their ballet "school" actually wrote it, did all the choreography, directed in it and had a small part. The story was about young Swedish women, leaving their mothers and immigrating to the U.S. A loose story of her history.

It had some fairy tales intertwined like any good ballet. :) In the beginning, I was apprehensive about the whole undertaking. But, yesterday, I was blessed like so many others, with the end result. I think the girls liked participating in a whole ballet story. Well, Little Mama did more than Nature Girl.

Nature Girl was a little preoccupied with making sure everyone was doing what they were suppose to be doing. She might be more the director type! She just wanted it all to be perfect! And, it was!

Some of the songs they danced to were the Celtic Women and we just happened to have two of those songs. So, LM spent a lot of time practising in the living room. And I think it paid off. She really looked like she was having fun.

Towards the end of the year, I had convinced myself that I was done with ballet. I wanted the girls to explore other areas of interest. Some closer to home and not as expensive or time consuming. But, after watching them yesterday and listening to their desires to dance again and watching them, I have made up my mind they will dance for another year. . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Beautiful photos. Looks like their (and your) hard work paid off!