Monday, May 9, 2011

Being a Mom

I cannot image the person I would be, if I were not a mom. I thank God, quite often, for my children, and not just for the many blessings they bring me in my life, but for the person God has allowed them to make me.

My children have:
Grown my walk with God
Developed my dependence on Jesus
Taught me how to be unselfish
Made me realize I don't need time to myself
Made me appreciate my husband and the time he spends at home
Grown my creativeness
Taught me about my need for prayer and quiet time with God
Helped me get my priorities straight
Showed me that appearance isn't everything
Developed my listening skills
Grown my patience
Shown me that someone is always watching
Made me realize I am an example

I am ever growing and ever changing. I can only hope and pray that my children will "rise up and call me blessed." But, I know, that I know, that I know, that I have been blessed beyond measure . . .

No comments: