Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekend Away

I was able to go away for a couple of days, with some girlfriends, to a homeschool conference. When I go away from home, without kids, for any length of time, I always have trouble readjusting to being home. (I call it "re-entry.")

And, considering this was my first time away, leaving all four kids with Paul overnight, I was that much more leery about what I would find when I got home. And, how I would handle it.

But, I was so very pleasantly surprised last night when I got home a little before 10:30P.M. The family (minus EG who hadn't had a nap and was in bed) met me at the door. There were smiles and hugs. It was dark, smelled of cleaning bleach and there were candles lit. It was spectacular!

The girls had taken the initiative to scrub floors and clean bathrooms. Hubby scrubbed the kitchen and Boop dusted the T.V. So peaceful, so relaxing, such a great way for a mom to come home, who is not use to being away!! I was so glad to be home with my family!

Don't miss understand me, I had a great time! Homeschooling and girlfriends, two wonderful things combined. Oh, and did I mention a fabulous hotel that I can't wait to describe in a later post?!?

Not that I want to go away again, anytime in the near future, but it was so nice to come home to a clean, peaceful, happy house. . .

No comments: