Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crazy Week

Anyone who knows me, knows I can only do about one activity per day. It is just the way I am made. I am not good at switching gears and going from one thing to another. So, for the most part, one thing a day is it.

But, this week an opportunity came up for the girls that I didn't want to pass up. A friend of mine has a 12 year old daughter who was holding a ballet camp from 9:30-12:30 Monday-Wednesday. I applauded her efforts and wanted the girls to be a part of it.

Well, Boop was already signed up for swim lessons everyday at 9:30. Not to mention we still had tumbling and church and MOWs and we also just started volunteering at the church for the summer academic enrichment program (helping kids learn to read or improve their reading - subject for another post).

We also managed to fit in a last minute lunch with friends we haven't seen in awhile, Oh, and I almost forgot, we have our evaluation Friday and a field trip to the local museum for the Baroque exhibit right after that.

I am very thankful for the opportunities we have had this week. But, I am also glad to be thinking about slowing down for the next few weeks.

It has helped me realize two things: I am OK with only doing one thing a day, if that, and it just solidifies the very simple plans/schedule I am making for fall . . .

No comments: