Monday, June 13, 2011

Hope

I have been thinking a lot lately about what makes me different in my belief of a Creator and a Savior. Kind of what is the benefit or what sets me apart.

And this is what I came up with. It isn't very deep or theological but it is very real to me.

First, when I go through struggles, I am never alone. I have a God in Heaven, that created me and loves me and will always be there to listen to me.

Second, I have an instruction manual for life, the Bible. It is very hard to navigate and raise children in a world that has ever changing morality. It is a relief to me, that I can go to the Bible for guidance in how to live as a follower of Christ, how to be a wife and mother, a friend. Guidance that has stood the test of time.

Lastly, I have hope. That no matter what my life is here on earth, that this is only temporary, but a blink of an eye compared with eternity. It puts death, and life, into perspective. I will spend an eternity in Heaven with my Creator and my Savior.

When I take time to think on these things, I can help but have a heart full of joy, and thanksgiving. The key is to take time and think on these things . . .

No comments: