Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ultimate Schedule


This is the second year I am using Managers of Their Homes schedule. I actually enjoy putting it all together and making it all work. It is a lot like a puzzle. And, it is so colorful!

This year was a little trickier because Boop has actual school time that I needed to work in. The mornings usually go pretty much as planned. The afternoons are pretty loose as far as the schedule goes. This year, though, we will have to stick a little closer to it. Because we will be having a couple hours of school after lunch.

Some benefits from using this schedule: we get through a lot of school in a day (which means a lot of reading); EG knows that when I read to Nature Girl it is Little Mama's turn to play with her and vice versa; each kid has scheduled alone time with me and because it is on a schedule it doesn't get overlooked and we love moving from one subject/activity to another in a half hour, it keeps things fresh, interesting and helps to build attention.

I foresee a few problems with the schedule for this year, but the beauty of it is, it can be changed. Each kid gets a copy and I hope it will be something that they can start to use, as they become more responsible for their time.

I love, love, love my pretty schedule . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

It is pretty.... glad to hear it's working out for everyone.

Mary Beth said...

Oh I love this! Totally appeals to the OCD side of me...color coded? Be still my heart. :)