Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ramblings for Today

EG isn't sleeping at night. Last night I brought her into our bed (something I swore I would never do) and at about 5AM she woke up, kissed me, stroked my hair and chatted. It was fun, for about the first 10 minutes. She stayed awake until 7AM, fell asleep and then got up with me at 7:30AM.

Daddy is working in the garage. Boop saw his sweating brow and came inside and got him a cup of ice water. Without being asked. Boop has a servant's heart. Just like his daddy.

We are going to try our hand at canning tomatoes today. I am a little nervous.

Tomorrow night, for dinner, we are having hamburgers and corn from our garden! A whole six ears.

Cleaning out continues. Today we made it through the china cabinet/school hutch.

On the hunt for a redneck pool. Not having much luck. Maybe everyone else has the same idea.

We had date night last night. It was kind of a bust. We missed the movie we wanted to see and neither of us were very hungry. So, we grabbed a little something at the food court and walked around the mall. Stopped and got a movie from the Red Box so all was not lost.

I think I received my last books, in the mail, for our school year next year. I am kind of excited to get started. Kids, not so much. Hubby is glad I am done "school shopping." Just a back-to- school outfit and school supplies. Neither of which should be a very large expense. Well, one would hope not. Me and school supplies can be a deadly combination.

The endodontist called me last night to check on me. Maybe all my questions were not as offensive as I thought. Or he is interested in my sister. Ha, ha! Just kidding Sissy. ;)

Bummer our baseball team did not make it to the College World Series. One of these days we are going to take a summer road trip to Omaha.

I think I have done something bad. The kids like Pawn Stars. I can't say as I blame them. Just wish the didn't have to beeeep so much. But, I like Rick. He looks like such a tough guy in the opening credits of the show. But, he laughs way too much to be a tough guy. And he has a great smile.

When EG wants me to pick her up or hold her she says "Uppie down, mommy. Please. Uppie down."

We are making some preliminary plans to travel up north in November. Our first time as a family in almost 8 years. Very exciting. So many people to see.

The big girls are in a summer musical program at church. The director gave us the CD to play so the girls could learn the songs. Well, of course, they play it constantly and do the motions. They seem kind of excited to do it. They each talked about maybe doing a speaking part (which is huge for them). Anyway, both Boop and EG know the songs and the movements! I am thinking about asking if they can have guest appearances. (Not really. But it would be cute.)

I really want to take a nap. So not like me . . .

No comments: