Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. It started with Little Mama joining me during my quiet time. I put my writing aside and had her lay her head in my lap. We just sat there, together, quietly.

The quiet didn't last long ;) We started out our day by flying solo for Meals on Wheels (usually my MIL helps us out.) And met some very sweet elderly people. It is amazing to me the life that some of these older folks have had. One lady talked with me and Boop for at least 20 minutes. She was totally alone. Her husband had passed away on Christmas Eve (his favorite holiday) nine years ago. She is 86 years old and was in the process of pulling out and putting up her Christmas decorations. Not for anybody else but herself (and because she knew her husband would like it. :) She had buried parents, siblings a spouse and children. But, she kept raising her hand to God saying she knew she was here for a purpose. Amazing!

After our route ended, which happened to be right by one of our neighborhood parks, Little Mama asked if we could go play. We had about an hour or so before lunchtime so off we went to the park. The big kids had a great time on the monkey bars and the really big slides. Boop, EG and I swung on the bench swing.

EG hasn't been to the park since she could walk so that was really very exciting! I kept her in the stroller as long as I could and then let her run wild! She loved watching the big kids come town the tunnel slide. Little Mama took time to slide down the little slide with her. I don't know who enjoyed it more! We met a man with a little dog that Nature Girl loved. Then we took a walk on the path that led by the lake that is slowly starting to fill up again (after the sink hole emptied it.)

The day ended with Nature Girl joining me on the couch at about 10:45 to watch the Packer game. Even though it was very late, it was a real joy to spend some quality time with NG.

Our good day has continued into today. This morning we watched "White Christmas" while making Christmas cards. I could get use to this being on a school break . . .

No comments: