Friday, December 11, 2009

One of Those Days

Because I was trying to do too much in one day things just seemed to go a little awry.

EG wore three different outfits yesterday. Two before lunch. Won't go into the details as to why.

While entering the grocery store for our weekly shopping trip, I put down our eco friendly green shopping bags to get EG situated in the cart. I asked the kids to pick them up and put them in the bottom of the cart. I got distracted by a lady commenting on all of us at the store and then I walked away. We get to the checkout line and our eco friendly bags are no were to be seen. I had left them on the shopping carts at the front of the store. No one turned them in. Apparently someone stole them. Bummer.

While Christmas shopping last night, I noticed the cashier accepted a $10 coupon of mine that didn't apply to anything I bought. Naturally I had already checked out and was headed for the door before I realized it. I looked back and she had two other people in line. Oh, how I wanted to just keep walking right out the door. But God was nagging at my heart. I turned my buggy around and went back to her and explained what happened. She immediately fixed my problem. I felt so much better.

Out to the parking lot I went. I spent 7 minutes looking for my van. I always make sure I know where I park. It is just one of those things. I looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere. Part of me wanted to panic. Then it dawned on me, I didn't have the van. I had my sister's car.

Of course, when I got to my next shopping destination, the thing I wanted cost twice as much as what I originally thought so I had to rethink my plan. By this time I only had 45 minutes left to finish all that I wanted to do last night. Plus, I needed to get something to eat.

These are just a few of the bigger things that happened yesterday. I function best when I have one or two things to accomplish in a day. Anymore than that and things go a little haywire . . .

No comments: