Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Thoughts on Tim Tebow

I hate the Florida Gators BUT I am a huge Tim Tebow fan. I try to listen when they interview him and I try to read articles when I come across them. These are my thoughts regarding him (of course, I don't know him personally.)

I am in awe of him for so many reasons. He is homeschooled so that immediately piqued my curiosity. Then I started to watch him as an athelete. He is good, very good at what he does. He is a great leader and motivator. Lastly and most importantly he has incredible faith and is so willing to profess it AND live it! I am sure he has faults and I am sure he makes mistakes but how can you not like what you see and hear? Who wouldn't want a son to grow up to be like him? Even if he did play for the Gators?? ;)

When Florida played Alabama last week, of course I wanted the Gators to lose. It is what you do when you are a Seminole fan. But, honestly, if they had won I would have been happy for Tim. (I have to be careful who I mention that around ;) I felt bad for him when they lost. I thought it was incredible that he had no problem showing his emotions for all the world to see. He is human and an incredible athlete and he has incredible passion and intensity about everything he does. It has been my experience this year that you either love him or hate him. But he is a good man, a godly man. I have a hard time finding things not to like about him. Except for the one kind of insignificant fact that he plays for a rival football team. :)

Anyway, it was amazing to me this week to see all of the Tim Tebow trashing that took place after the defeat. Because I am such a chicken and afraid of going against the flow, I never put my two cents in unless some one directly asked me. When my sister texted me about Tim crying I said I thought it was sweet. She said "you would." :)

If any of my children are willing to do what he does, believe what he believes and live out their faith they way he does, they can do what ever, where ever, when ever, and I would feel truly, truly blessed. For what it is worth, my two cents . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

I included a nod to Tebow in my book. What a HUGE inspiration he is! And I LOVE that he was homeschooled! The fact the Gator coaches practically eat out of his hand (for the RIGHT reasons, not just his athletic abilities) says a lot too. Even if he IS a Gator! Great post, Annie!