Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve Plan

When I was young, I celebrated NYE. Went out with friends. Stayed up until well after midnight! After I got married, I am pretty sure hubby and I went out once. We had a nice time, but I'm guessing it wasn't all that great because we never did it again. (My dad calls it novice night :) One of the reasons why NYE is a low key holiday for us is usually daddy has worked that day or has to work the next or both. So, I think for the most part, I have spent the evening by myself. Which is really OK because by 10PM, I am exhausted. And then annoyed when I hear the fireworks at midnight ;) (Always worried they will wake the kids.)

I think the last time I saw midnight on NYE was the year 2000. I was pregnant with Nature Girl and went to spend the evening with my mom, stepdad and Sissy. We watched Notting Hill I think. I was able to stay awake because I was just really curious if the whole world was going to stop because of Y2K!

Well, this year I have a new plan for the New Year. We are going to have a family sleepover in the living room. All of us, except for EG. We are making homemade pizzas and we have hot chocolate and ice cream and popcorn. This afternoon we are going to bake more cookies that we didn't get to before Christmas.

The kids are already planning on where their new sleeping bags are going to go and who is sleep where. They think it is funny that daddy and I will sleep on the couch. We will have a fire and play a game or two. Our Netflix movie should be here, My Fair Lady. If not, we will watch Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, again.

I will try to stay awake as long as I can. My money is on daddy falling asleep first (he has been up since 4), then Boop, next Little Mama, then me. I fully anticipate Nature Girl being the only one to see the ball drop. Maybe she can fill me in in the morning . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy New Year!
Did you have a fun night?

Ann said...

Daddy and I were asleep before the movie even finished. The kids enjoyed our little sleepover, though ;)

Diane Moody said...

Sounds like WAY more fun than ours was! Wish I was at your house! LOL