Friday, February 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Little Mama's birthday celebration officially started yesterday afternoon. I took the girls to Target to pick out birthday paper goods and to see if there was anything Little Mama wanted for her birthday. On her list was a bathing suit and a helmet for her bike so I thought we would look there.

She tried on a couple of helmets. One she kind of liked but I told her if she didn't absolutely positively love it then daddy would take her tomorrow to look else where. She tried on a bathing suit that was adorable. A multi-colored striped one piece with a matching skirt. We went ahead and bought it and I told her I would wrap it so she could open it. It will be from Boop and EG.

This morning daddy took just her to get a helmet and they found just the right one. They also went walking through the toy section just for fun.

As I type we are awaiting Grandma's arrival! And Little Mama is very excited about that. We have made lasagna and it is very cold outside. Daddy will be starting a fire sooner rather than later, I hope.

Tomorrow Sissy and Grandma are taking LM out to lunch and shopping. I think she has picked Steak N Shake and I am not real certain what she will get for a birthday present. It is a toss up between an outfit from Justice or, possibly a baby that cries. We shall see!

Tomorrow night we are having her birthday celebration. Just family. And we are having our normal wonderful grilled burgers and she wanted red velvet cake (her and daddy's favorite). Hopefully her cousin K will be here along with Uncle C and Aunt C. Sissy will be here with Alex and, of course, Grandma.

On her actually birthday we will either take her out to dinner where ever she wants to go or make her whatever meal she wants. One of the gifts she has asked for is a bible and I am going to save that one for her birthday. Such a special gift that will be.

Then lastly we will take her and a friend to Wild Adventure! We decided to do that this year instead of a party. The park doesn't open until March, so we had to postpone the trip. But, it will give her something to look forward to.

It is hard to believe that my middle baby girl is going to be seven. She just always seems such a sweet and loving five to me . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like a ton of fun in store for your BIG (7!) girl.