Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Mama!!

When Nature Girl was about a year old, hubby and I started talking about having another baby. We figured because it took us over a year to get pregnant the first time, it would take awhile the the second time as well. By the time NG was 14 mos, I found out I pregnant a second time!

I still remember plain as day the events that unfolded. I had taken two pregnancies tests and they both were negative. I was perplexed to say the least. Finally, on a Saturday night, before Father's Day, I had hubby run up to Walgreen's and get, yet, another test. It was like 9:30 at night. It was driving me crazy to say the least. Third time was a charm! I was pregnant and soooo excited.

The pregnancy was perfect, uneventful. And seven years ago today, at this very moment I was at the hospital, just wondering when LM would arrive.

I got up at 7AM and was on my way to the potty when my water broke. That was an event in and of itself. We called the midwife and she told me to head to the hospital. And we did. Sissy had stayed at the house that night. And, if I remember correctly, for many nights before that!

We got check in and hooked up. When your water breaks, ideally you are to go into labor shortly after that. But, that wasn't the case. Grandma was at the hospital and Sissy brought the NG up. A couple hours later they had to induce me. At some point I had an epidural.

By late afternoon, I still hadn't started hard labor. The basketball game came on at 7 and my midwife had tickets. I remember trying to find a radio so we could listen to the game. Finally, things started to happen.

LM was a hard delivery. She just didn't want to come out. I struggled and cried and yelled and cussed. I could hear NG in the background, outside of the room, knocking on doors saying "mama." Just as the midwife came back in the room after calling for the doctor I presume, Little Mama decided to arrive!

She was such a good baby. So tiny, sweet and perfect. She is still such a good baby. Growing up to be a sweet young girl. Happy Birthday to my sweet, sweet seven year old . . .

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love stories about pregnancy and labor/delivery. Your daughter will love reading this some day.

Ann said...

I want to continue to write them year after year so I don't ever forget! Aren't they the greatest stories to remember??!!

Katie said...

Do you tell them to your kids too? Mine love to hear the story of the day they were born.

Ann said...

Yep. Last night about 45 minutes after LM's delivery time I told them the story again. I love that they ALL want to hear each others stories ;)