Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yesterday and Today


Yesterday didn't start out the greatest. Second night in a row EG felt the need to be up at 4AM and they only way she would go back to sleep is on me, in the easy chair in her (Boop's) room.

I emailed a good friend and she gave me some wonderful, wise words that helped me get things in perspective. When I get overly tired, I tend not to think rationally ;) Anyway, part of her words were, in a nutshell, to give myself a break. And it just so happens I had a "break" already scheduled into my day. I was going to get my haircut and highlighted. (A gift certificate given to me by Sissy for my bday.)

Getting my hair done is such a treat for me. I don't do it enough so I usually only get a very simple cut with very little highlights (so I don't end up looking like a skunk later ;) Anyway, the girl Sissy sent me to was so cute. She was in her early 20s, married to a future doctor and had a seven month old honeymoon baby. She and her husband have only known each other for 3 years. And as she said "A lot has happened in three years."

We talked and talked about marriage, husbands, babies, pregnancy, her future. She was just so refreshing to talk to. Not to mention she did a fabulous job on my hair! (I think I got about 4 inches cut off! And an actual hair style!)

Then, last night we finally took Little Mama out for her birthday dinner. (We have been sick for the last two weeks.) We went to the mall so she could spend her gift certificate. I love shopping with her. She has great taste and I never really have to guide her in what to buy. She loves clothes that are just right for her age (which can be very hard to find nowadays.) I don't think she has any desire to dress older than she is. (Unlike her older sister. But that is a totally different shopping experience :)

Then, dinner at Steak and Shake! It was very busy but the food was great! They have real cherry Coke! Sissy joined us. The kids ate great and they each had a chocolate chip cookie sundae.

We got home at shower time and the kids piled into bed. Daddy and I watched the first half of the season opener of Lost. In bed early because I was exhausted. We were up at 4AM and Boop and Little Mama were as well. But all went back to bed with out a problem. Nature Girl joined us in bed around 7AM and we all got up about 7:45. What a great way to start the day. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast, a fam favorite.

Today daddy, Nature Girl and I are going to the wedding of our old babysitter and NG's ballet teacher. I am so excited for this young lady. She is such a sweet girl and I am so excited for her to start her new life as a military wife.

We should be home by late afternoon. Just in time for a little relaxing and a nice family dinner. And maybe a board game.

I have to admit, life seems a whole lot easier when I get a good night sleep . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

You look great! I love your new hairdo.
Sounds like a really good day and I'm glad the baby is back on track.

Diane Moody said...

LOVE your new hair! You look AMAZING! You could be a FOX news commentator!! :D Glad you had a good time to yourself!