Monday, February 22, 2010

Rewind, Recap and a Do Over

I don't really have words for the last few days. I guess if I think back far enough, it all started last Monday. EG had a horrible cough and a runny nose. I hate when babies are sick. They can't tell you what is wrong and they just want mama. That night she and I tried to sleep in the easy chair. I think after daddy went to work at 5ish, she and I went in my room to sleep.

We all managed to survive Tuesday and then came Wednesday. Little Mama had such a wicked cough that I just could not let her go to tumbling. I dropped Nature Girl off for her class and after work daddy went and sat at the gym with her until she was done.

Then, in the middle of the night, Nature Girl came to me telling me she had just gotten sick. It took me a minute or two to comprehend what was going on. I sent her back to bed and then got up and got a bucket and towel. She rested well until the morning. But, then continued to get sick through out the day. Around 10AM the bottom fell out. Boop starting getting sick. All the while LM and EG are coughing and have horribly runny noses. (Can't forget EG's diarrhea.)

What made it worse is that LM and NG were suppose to go to a friend's house Friday night. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my friend E-mailed me and told me that she wasn't having girls over because she had a terrible sinus infection. It is bad enough when the kids are sick, but then add to that missing some event they have been looking forward to all week.

Friday we just recouped and everyone seemed to be getting better. They all had a restful night sleep on Friday so Saturday the girls were able to go to their good friend's birthday party AND Boop and daddy were able to go to the Monster Truck show that night.

The girls had a great time at the Cooking Birthday Party. They got to make their own pizzas and aprons and ice their very own cupcakes. Big fun had by all.

Boop and daddy had a great time at the Monster Truck show. It was SO LOUD. Boop loved the trucks and the races they had. He came home around 10PM. Such a big boy he was. The girls were already in bed and he got to tell me all about it.

But, while waiting for the boys to come home, I put a movie in for the girls. Oddly enough I fell asleep during the movie. I should have known something was up. By the time the boys came home, I knew I was sick. Throwing up sick. And that I did, all night long. Yesterday I was in the bed almost all day. Daddy had taken the day off because of the Monster Truck show the night before.

We had had big plans for Sunday. Church, cardboard box sledding and dinner with friends. By 10ish, LM was throwing up. I won't go into the details of what we ended up doing yesterday. By now, you get the picture.

Today, is a little better. Although, now, I think daddy has it. I am thanking God that he is home again today and that EG has not gotten the worst of it. But, I would like a do over . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh boy, I hate to hear that. The worst is that it seems to go on forever... I always wish everyone would just get sick and be done with it, instead of the roller coaster of sick, better, someone else sick, better, etc.....

Here's hoping all is back to normal soon!!!!!!!1