Friday, February 26, 2010

More Babies


No I am not pregnant. Nor will I be again. We were at the doctor's office yesterday (Nature Girl ear infection) and the nurses (who love to see us) asked if it was time for number five.

Of course I have been thinking a lot about this lately. Truth be told, if everything were just perfect, I would like to have another baby. But, as I have mentioned before, daddy is good with four. Then, last night, as I was up for the second night in a row with a crying 16 month old, I realized I am old and I am tired and I really, really can't imagine doing this all over again.

Now, if I were younger and daddy was on board, I would be all for it. I love to see pregnant women and I love to look at new born babies. And knowing I am done makes me sad. But not for very long.

When I wanted baby number four, I remember thinking in the shower, I can do it again, I want to do it again, I will survive doing it again. At this point, I can not say any of those things. Probably because I haven't slept in two days. I really have no desire to be sleep deprived, ever again. Have I mentioned I am too old?

Anyway, I am more than content with the four blessings I have. And am excited about getting on with our new stage in life . . .

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Well you made me cry...good job.!!! I liked your post..it was sweet. And yes, you have four very beautiful, miracles that you get to spend every day with and every night :)

Katie said...

I feel exactly the same way.
After baby #3 I knew I could do it again. After baby #4 I knew I didn't really want to do it again -- too old!
Here's to enjoying what we have and getting some sleep :)

Diane Moody said...

Good heavens! Just catching up and soooo sorry to hear you guys have been so sick! I must do better about reading your posts. NO idea how bad it's been for you. HATE that you've all had it. Is there anything worse than throwing up? Well, probably, but I hate it! Hope you are all on the mend and it's run it's course (so to speak!)

And I'm kinda sad to think there won't be any more Connell babies, but at the same time, EXCITED for you and all the new adventures coming your way! You guys have been so blessed and you are such a tremendous inspiration to all of us who know you! So we'll celebrate the fact God's given you freedom in this and enjoy the continuing saga of Team Connell!!