Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easter, Part One

Little Mama is my drama queen.  And what I mean by that is, she loves to act.  I wish she were willing to do more of it.  Anyway, about 2 months ago, maybe more my memory is horrible, they asked church members to participate in our Easter Drama.  In the past, the dramas have been fabulous and I was sure this one would be as well.

Little Mama asked if she could be a part of it.  Very rarely does she ask to do something so I said yes.  Nature Girl decided to join in because we were there anyway.  In the beginning, they only met on Wednesday after church for about a half hour.  Then, as Easter got closer we had to spend a considerable amount of time in practice.

Then the week before it was every night.  Late.  I would watch what was going on and never in a million years did I think they would pull it off.  (Ye of little faith.)  One night we were there until 10:30.  Thankfully, a friend of mine offered to bring them home the next night if it went late, because I had the littles with me.  Thankfully, that night we were done early.  Plus, Boop and EG loved watching them practice.

The musical drama was presented on Good Friday and again on Easter.  It was a huge commitment by those involved, but, even now it gives me goosebumps to think about the performance.  It was a musical presentation, with drama, about the life, death and resurrection of Christ from the perspective of Doubting Thomas the disciple. The music and the acting was fantastic.  

My mom, brother, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece all came to see it and were very touched by it.  It was tough thing to do, especially at such a busy time of year.  But, it was so well worth being part of sharing the gospel and the love of Christ during the Easter weekend.

Of course, the kids can't wait to do it again!  I will most likely say yes . . . 




The little girls coloring before Good Friday's performance.


Little Mama and Nature Girl with a couple of their fellow actors.


No comments: