Wednesday, April 17, 2013

PW Update

We have gotten a little behind with PW cooking.  I think we have still managed to make a recipe every week.  I just haven't had time to post about them.

Today's post is the His/Hers Hamburgers.  It was a little bit labor intensive for just our little family.  A lot of different toppings for the burgers.  My hubby makes an awesome one so his was going to be hard to beat!

She used toppings that I would never have thought to put on a hamburger.  Like a pesto and mayo sauce.  Or blue cheese.  I will be honest, I am not much of an adventurer when it comes to food.









The Her burger had mayo and pesto sauce, sauteed red onions and mushrooms topped with blue cheese.  The His burger had cheddar cheese, bacon and jalapenos with an adobo pepper and mayo sauce.  

We tried each others and let the kids pick which one they wanted.  The Her burger won hands down.  Hubby felt the peppers in the His burger overwhelmed the taste of the meat etc.  Whereas the flavors of the Her burger complimented the hamburger.

Everyone is becoming a food critic around here.  I can totally see us using the mayo and pesto sauce again.  Even on sub sandwiches.

The burgers were good for a treat but hubby's basic burgers are still our fav . . . . 

No comments: