Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby Book

I consider my blog my very trendy baby book. As with all new moms, the baby book for the first child is complete up through age 5. The second child comes along and you might get the first year. The third child comes you are lucky if you even buy one. I think Boop has one but I am pretty sure there isn't anything in it. So, for subsequent children there isn't even a thought to a baby book. BUT, now I have my blog. Granted it doesn't contain all the nitty gritty like weight, height and first drool. But it contains things that I now consider way more important. What life is like for all of us, with all of us. And a by product of that is going to be doctor appointments, sitting up, rolling over, first tumbling competition, ballet recitals, baseball games, learning to read, family vacations, bad days, good days and lots of relevant pictures. I wish almost 8 years ago there had been such a thing as a blog. I am pretty sure all of our major family events would have been recorded for posterity. My ultimate goal with my blog is to print out every single entry and put it in a notebook. Then when the kids are grown, they can go through the volumes and pick out what they want to copy for themselves or just copy the whole thing. Each child will have their very own family history . . .

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I love this idea, Ann - can I steal it and do the same thing for Taylor? :)

Ann said...

What is mine is yours!! Hope all is well. I am so excited for you all and your new house. That is very exciting!!